MEET DOC ROCK
Dr. Jerry Simmons is a professor at Barclay College in Haviland, Kansas. He is chair of the pre-nursing program, as well as teaching science, mathematics, and elementary education courses. He holds multiple degrees, including an earned doctorate in multi-cultural childhood education from the University of New Mexico. He taught science at the high school and mid-school levels for twelve years and has been teaching at the college level for twenty years, as well as groups of all ages, both in the classroom and in the field. Dr. Simmons has extensive knowledge of the natural sciences from his studies and field experience, especially in the fields of general geology, paleontology, and archaeology. DocRock lives in Haviland with his wife Linda and has three grown children and six grandchildren.
Physical Address: 312 E. U.S. Hwy 54, Haviland, KS 67059
Mailing Address: 510 N. Lawrence, Haviland, KS 67059
Phone: (620) 862-5654
The foundations of our faith in God and confidence in the veracity of His Word are eroding due to the prevalence of anti-Genesis science teaching in our society.
To disciple and evangelize through biblical science truths.
We have developed a science learning center that provides biblically-based science education through teaching, hands-on activities, experiences in nature, and a working museum. Individuals, families, or groups can come to explore and experience true science in the classroom, in the laboratory, and in the field. All activities are led by experienced, knowledgeable science educators. We are also developing a resource library, teacher education, and networking among creation science organizations as we continue with the building remodel.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. Through Christ, God created the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them in six literal, historical days. He created a literal, historical Adam and Eve on the sixth day, after which He declared everything He had made to be very good.
2. God has created each individual as either male or female, and marriage as the exclusive union between one man and one woman (Genesis 2:22-24 and Matthew 19:4-6). It is not mankind’s position to question His wisdom or to try to change these realities.
3. All death is the result of mankind’s sin. So it required the literal, historical death, burial, and resurrection of the Son of God Jesus Christ to redeem Creation from sin and death.
4. God purified the earth of the degradation that had resulted from sin by causing a worldwide flood, through which he saved only Noah and those with him on the Ark. At a future time He has determined, He will destroy the present heavens and earth by fire, and create a new heaven and earth in which will be only righteousness for all eternity.
5. True science begins with the fear of the Lord, which includes acknowledgment of these foundational truths taught by the authoritative Word of God. True science ultimately verifies the scientific and historical accuracy of Scripture.